join our mailing list
- Through December 2015, Dignity U Wear has donated:
- 9.2 million pieces of brand new clothing,
- valued at $160.5 million,
- to more than 1 million children, men and women in 43 states.
- Clothing is distributed to individuals through agency partnerships, a network of 210 social service nonprofits.
- New clothing is donated by manufacturers, distributors and retailers. Our largest apparel industry partners at this time include: Brooks Brothers, Buffalo David Britton; The Cato Corporation, Destination Maternity, Fishman & Tobin, Hanes Brands Inc., Jockey, Men’s Wearhouse, Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation, Roskosys Inc, SanMar, and Venus. See our full list of apparel partners. Donated clothing includes excess inventory, samples, cancellations, logo overruns and seasonal merchandise.
- Thanks to our business model and great industry partners, Dignity U Wear is one of the best bargains in philanthropy maintaining a fundraising and management cost ratio below 7%!
- Dignity is proud to have earned a 4 Star Charity Navigator rating.
- 95% of clothing received from manufacturers is sorted, inventoried, packed (by requested size, and gender) and shipped to recipient agencies by volunteers. We are thankful for the 6,000 volunteer hours donated in 2015.
- Areas of emphasis include:
- School Children – removing a barrier to education by providing new clothing to school children in need;
- Veterans – providing work-appropriate clothing for veterans seeking employment and basic clothing necessities for those who have become homeless; and
- Women & Girls in Crisis – helping women and girls who have suffered domestic violence, emotional and/or sexual abuse, or are at risk to drop out of school.